DMC Healthcare continue to see steady growth in the services we provide and we are looking for a Senior Medical Administrator answering patients queries via telephones and face to face to join our busy team at DMC Crystal Palace Road in Dulwich (SE22 9EP).
The role is permanent, working 37.5 hours.
Microsoft Excel : must be an intermediate user
EMIS Web clinical system user : Preferable
Main duties of the job
- You will be expected to provide general administration duties, which may include but is not limited to;
- Assist in keeping patient records accurate and up to date by scanning and attaching paper documents in to electronic records, filing scanned documents into patient electronic notes (EMIS)
- Perform computer searches and data collection to support practice enhanced services and ensure clinical safety.
- Keeping all records including staff trainings up to date for CQC purposes.
- Telephoning patients to inform them about prescriptions, to move/book or rebook appointments, or gather personal data in a sensitive manner, such as smoking status, when asked to do so
- Registering patients, ensuring that information is checked and documented accurately
- General administration involving patient records, audits etc. as required.
- Prepare medical reports and other requests for information are processed accurately and in a timely manner, ensuring practice protocols regarding information governance and confidentiality are adhered to
- You should have previous administrative experience, preferably familiar with EMIS Web GP system. Good written and verbal communication skills are essential together with highly effective organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral). Applicants must have excellent I.T skills .Please see job description
- Experience of working in a GP practice
DMC Healthcare are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
We value reliability, responsibility, good communication and the ability to adapt to changing situations.
We are a large and very friendly team.
For more details please review the attached Job Description.
If you are interested in our vacancy then we would love to hear from you. In return, you will enjoy a challenging and diverse career with DMC.
For an informal discussion regarding the role please contact the recruitment team on the details shared.
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as possible
Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred Third-party recruitment system. By applying for this post, you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Employer name: DMC Healthcare
Crystal Palace Road
Employer’s website: https://www.dmchealthcare.co.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)