DMC Healthcare are looking to recruit an experienced Practice Manager to lead one of our GP Surgeries based in Rainham, Kent (ME8 8AA).
The successful candidate will have previous GP Practice experience, be financially aware and excellent at managing change.
Whilst responsible for the day-to-day operation of the practice you will report into the Head of Primary Care who will provide the strategic vision to the practice.
You will form part of a wider team of practice managers based in both Kent and London with full support from the senior practice manager and head office team.
The role will provide management for the practice through:
- Operational management
- Effective Communication
- Project management
- Business development
- Financial planning and management
- Management of service delivery
- Contract delivery and performance
- HR and staff management
In addition to guidance from the Head of Primary Care, the role is supported by strong quality and governance, admin and clinical teams
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic and Operational Management
- Adopt a strategic approach to the development and management of patient services.
- In collaboration with the Senior Practice Manager plan and develop the Practices Development Strategy
- Ensure that the practice is safe and operates within CQC essential standards
- Ensure that managed Practices routinely meet quality indicators and targets (including) the Quality and Outcomes Framework, Key Performance Indicators, Prescribing Incentive Scheme and other quality monitoring measures).
- Ensure (high level) data submissions and returns are made on a timely basis and within external deadlines.
- Keep abreast of key targets promoted by relevant commissioners.
- Attend CCG, Federation and other relevant external meetings.
- Follow NHS strategies and ensure that the services respond to any changes or innovations as necessary.
Staff Management and Human Resources (HR)
- Lead and support the development of all team members ensuring that all staff are appraised and developed in-line with the appraisal approach, liaising with Clinical Leads as required
- To have regular 1 to 1 meeting with the team, and focus on delivery
Managing access to Services and Developing Patients Services
- Monitoring appointment availability both in advance and on a daily basis and ensuring appropriate action is taken, for example locum cover booked.
- Planning well ahead for absences such as annual leave.
- Regularly reviewing access arrangements, for example demand surveys, access audits and recommending changes.
- Ensuring adequate levels of all types of staffing.
- Monitoring and developing patient services.
- Leading the practice’s strategic and operational planning processes including setting objectives and monitoring progress.
- Anticipating and planning for change and development.
- Assessing risks associated with change.
- Maintaining the practice’s vision.
- Presenting recommendations for developments to the partnership including writing business and development plans as required.
- The Practice Manager will support the practice in ensuring that patient care is delivered to the best possible quality. This will include:
- Ensuring that the practice complies with current clinical governance recommendations.
- Keeping up to date with quality developments and current best management practice.
- Enabling others to understand their contribution to quality and working to quality standards.
- To manage the budget of the Practice and seek to resources as effectively as possible
- To understand and report on the financial implications of contract and legislation changes
- The Practice Manager will ensure that the practice’s physical and financial resources are managed and maintained for maximum effectiveness including maximising the practice’s financial resources.
DMC Healthcare Group is a provider of Primary Care Services operating GP surgeries, walk-in centres and mobile medical units. We offer patients a full range of NHS primary and urgent care services. At DMC we believe in working together to deliver healthier outcomes for our patients and our own teams and strive to continuously ensure our patients are safe, cared for and receive the care they need when they need it.
If you are interested in our vacancy then we would love to hear from you. In return, you will enjoy a challenging and diverse career with DMC.
For an informal discussion regarding the role please contact Anil Gupta – Head of Primary Care on 07956 553366
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as possible
Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred Third-party recruitment system. By applying for this post, you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.