DMC Healthcare are looking to recruit an experienced Commercially focused Practice Manager to lead one of our GP Surgeries based in Maidstone, Kent (ME14 5DY).
The successful candidate will have previous GP Practice experience, manage and coordinate all aspects of practice functionality, motivating and managing staff, optimising efficiency and financial performance, ensuring the practice achieves its long-term strategic objectives in a safe and effective working environment.
In addition to guidance from the Head of Primary Care, the role is supported by strong quality and governance, admin and clinical teams.
Main duties of the job
The practice manager would also be responsible for
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the practice, ensuring staff achieve their primary responsibilities
- Managing the recruitment and retention of staff; develop, implement and embed an effective succession plans
- Maintaining an effective overview of HR legislation
- Managing the financial elements of the practice, including petty cash, etc. seeking to maximise income and reduce expenditure
- To increase the list size by engagement with patients and the local community; understanding what patients would like to see from Primary Care and finding innovative ways to deliver this
- Experienced Practice Manager working within a fast paced, commercial environment and knowledge & experience in
- Strategic and Operational Management
- Staff Management and Human Resources (HR)
- Managing access to Services and Developing Patients Services
- Leading Change
- Improving Quality
- Financial Management
DMC Healthcare is the largest independent community-based provider of consultant-led dermatology in the UK and a leading provider of primary care, radiology reporting, as well as endoscopy and community services to the NHS. We are firmly rooted in the NHS, having been the partner of choice for 50 years and currently work with 30+NHS organisations and other partners, treating over 100,000 patients each year across 19 CCGs.
For more details, please review the attached Job Description.
If you are interested in our vacancy, then we would love to hear from you. In return, you will enjoy a challenging and diverse career with DMC.
For an informal discussion regarding the role please contact the recruitment team on the details shared.
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as possible
Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred Third-party recruitment system. By applying for this post, you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Employer’s website: https://www.dmchealthcare.co.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)