Paramedic – Full Time – Permanent
Message from Dr Ravi Gupta, Group Medical Director
Thank you for considering working with me and other members of the clinical team at DMC Healthcare.
This is an exciting role, as you will have the opportunity to work across a number of areas in Maidstone, Kent providing expert patient care. You will be supported by a talented ‘site’ team of other clinicians and administrative staff, as well as the wider DMC Head Office.
This is a role like no other as you will be integral part of the wider DMC team and the individual surgeries in shared learning sessions, MDTs and Practice Meetings. We have developed strong support networks across high-risk areas such as medicines management, clinical governance, safeguarding and business intelligence, so that you can focus on improving health outcomes by taking care of patients.
DMC has come a long way from a single practice in Dulwich to having dozens of employees nationwide across a number of specialties. Our surgeries are led locally and respond to the local needs of the population – we cater for young, urban populations as well as older populations in remote, rural areas, so you will be able to develop an unmatched breadth of expertise whilst working with us.
We are constantly working on service improvement and welcome your views on how to improve our systems and processes. If you’re interested in this challenge, please get in touch with our recruitment team for an informal conversation with me.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Ravi Gupta – Group Medical Director
- Are you an experienced paramedic looking for a new opportunity?
- Are you ambitious, motivated and calm under pressure?
- Do you thrive on delivering high quality patient care?
- Can you diagnose and administer medication whilst working within defined procedures and protocols as laid down by the GPs?
DMC are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. DMC Healthcare continue to see steady growth in the services we provide, and we have an opportunity for Paramedic to join the team on a full-time bases at Albion Place Medical Practice, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 5DY.
If you are passionate about contributing to DMC’s service development and more widely across the organisation, our open culture will enable you to be involved in the decisions that affect our care delivery.
In the role you will provide a high-quality, cost-effective service to the patients of the Practice; diagnosing and administering medication where appropriate whilst working within defined procedures and protocols as laid down by the GPs. This is a diverse role where you will be working as part of a clinical team which includes GP’s, Primary Care Pharmacists, Community Psychiatric Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Practice Nurses and Healthcare Assistants. You will have excellent communication skills and this will be key to your success in the role.
You will be responsible for face to face and telephone consultations with patients presenting with a wide range of illnesses. Treatment provided will be both in the surgery and in patients own homes. You will be providing care for the presenting patient from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, evaluation of care and treatment where appropriate.
In the role you will
- Demonstrate safe, clinical decision-making and expert care, including assessment and diagnostic skills
- Prioritise and triage the needs of patients accordingly making any necessary referrals for investigations in the appropriate manner. Patients with problems needing referral to secondary care should be discussed with a GP before making such referral
- Refer patients for investigations and/or the appropriate specialist care where appropriate
- You will act as an autonomous clinician with the full support of our duty clinical team
- Use your experience to plan and provide skilled and competent care to meet patients’ health and social care needs, involving other members of the wider health care team as appropriate
- Ensure the provision of continuity of care including follow-up consultations and visits
- Assess and evaluate, with patients, the effectiveness of the treatment and care provided and make changes as need
Requirements and Qualifications
- HCPC registration
- Valid driver’s license and a flawless driving record
- Attend continuing education and training classes to stay current with emergency medical advancements and best practices
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as possible.
Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred Third-party recruitment system. By applying for this post you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.