Message from Dr Ravi Gupta, Group Medical Director
Thank you for considering working with me and other members of the clinical team at DMC Healthcare, Southwark area.
This is an exciting role, as you will have the opportunity to work across a number of areas in Southwark providing expert patient care. You will be supported by a talented ‘site’ team of other clinicians and administrative staff, as well as the wider DMC Head Office.
This is a role like no other as you will be integral part of the wider DMC team and the individual surgeries in shared learning sessions, MDTs and Practice Meetings. We have developed strong support networks across high-risk areas such as medicines management, clinical governance, safeguarding and business intelligence, so that you can focus on improving health outcomes by taking care of patients.
DMC has come a long way from a single practice in Dulwich to having dozens of employees nationwide across a number of specialties. Our surgeries are led locally and respond to the local needs of the population – we cater for young, urban populations as well as older populations in remote, rural areas, so you will be able to develop an unmatched breadth of expertise whilst working with us.
We are constantly working on service improvement and welcome your views on how to improve our systems and processes. If you’re interested in this challenge, please get in touch with our recruitment team for an informal conversation with me.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Ravi Gupta – Group Medical Director
DMC are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. DMC Healthcare continue to see steady growth in the services we provide, and we have an opportunity for junior pharmacists to join the team between 6 to 9 sessions covering two primary care sites in Southwark.
We are looking for Junior Pharmacists to cover various sessions on a permanent basis, with some flexibility for remote working (But not an online-only role).
If you are passionate about contributing to DMC’s service development across our 2 practice centres in Southwark and more widely across the organisation, our open culture will enable you to be involved in the decisions that affect our care delivery. We will provide training to help you become a Prescribing Pharmacist after a few years of working with us.
As a Junior Pharmacist you will be working in a busy Primary Care surgery, working a part of a clinical team with a focus on these areas:
- Reconciliation of medication after discharge from hospital or OPD attendance
- Medication queries from community pharmacies and patients
- Clearing up of medication lists and repeat dispensing as well as medication reviews
- Annual reviews for hypertension, Asthma and COPD
- Contraception and HRT reviews
- Minor illnesses
- Audits (DOAC, B12 among others)
- Monitoring of High-Risk Medications
- Working towards achieving medicine incentive scheme
- Actioning MHRAA alerts
- Have completed a recognised foundation degree in pharmaceutical sciences & registered with General Pharmaceutical Council (GPHC)
- Provide satisfactory references for the preceding three-year period
- Good I.T. skills to perform appropriate I.T. administration tasks necessary to the post, including: Patient database systems, audit processes and clinical administration
- Good communication skills and the ability to demonstrate sensitive communication styles to ensure patients are fully informed and consent to treatment is obtained
- The ability to prioritise own and other's workload and ensure effective time-management strategies are embedded within the culture of the team
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Your submitted application may be imported into our preferred Third-party recruitment system. By applying for this post, you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.