DMC Healthcare has been a trusted provider of services to the NHS for over 50 years.
We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
We deliver Primary Care, Community Services and Radiology Reporting across the UK.
Thanks to our skilled, compassionate staff, our reputation among clinicians, patients, commissioners and the communities we work in has grown constantly. Still family run, our services are clinically led with our focus always on delivering healthier outcomes for patients.
If this sounds like a team you would love to be a part of, read on!
We want you!
We are looking for a financial controller to undertake all aspects of financial control – specifically development, implementation and monitoring of internal control systems, policies and procedures throughout the business.
The role will also be responsible for accounting operations, management and financial reporting and risk management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
high quality systems to ensure rigorous control over financial transactions and
document, implement and monitor business processes to ensure strong internal
control is delivered throughout the business.
closely with outsourced accounting function to deliver high quality, efficient
and accurate accounting operations covering all the processes of Invoicing,
Accounts Receivable & Payable, G/L and Reporting.
and publish timely financial data to enable the business managers to report,
assess and improve performance.
and deliver Purchasing controls and Stock accounting that maximise use of
buying power and resource.
and Pension policy administered and delivered to the highest possible standard.
and comply with government reporting requirements and tax reporting.
flexible approach which is considered firm, fair and consistent.
worked within a growth organisation dispersed across several locations.
k) Additional controller duties as
working experience as a Financial Controller.
ACCA, CIMA qualified.
presentational and communication skills.
experience with development, implementation and monitoring of high-quality
finance and business controls.
knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
of monthly management and year-end financial reporting.
of enhancing the control environment within accounting operations.
accounting software user and administration skills.
Able to work as part of a wider team but
can also work on their own initiative and think proactively
Development and responsibilities
To take responsibility for own
developmental learning and performance.
To participate in the DMC appraisal
scheme. The Finance Director will be the appraiser.
To attend meetings as required.
Assess own learning needs and
undertake learning as required.
To take responsibility for
maintaining a record of own personal development.
To alert other team members and line
manager to issues of quality and risk.
To assess own performance and take
accountability for own actions.
To effectively manage own time,
workload and resources.
To perform to the best of your
Evolve and grow!
Our employees are our greatest resource – therefore we seek to support, train and develop you from day one!
In return, you will enjoy a challenging but a growing career with DMC.
We offer a valuable Healthcare and Wellbeing benefits such as occupational health assessment and eye tests, advice on work related health and safety matters
For further information please contact us at
Still unsure? Read our ‘DMC Reasons’! – 7 Reasons you should choose DMC…
1) Heritage: DMC has been a trusted provider to the NHS for more than 50 years
2) Family: We have always been family run, so this is the way all our staff relate to each other – as family!
3) Purpose: DMC offers a highly gratifying professional path. Our dedicated, compassionate staff help 300,000 patients each year!
4) Culture: Our work culture is one of collaboration and trust. After all, looking out for one another is what families do!
5) Growth: DMC is a growth environment. We mean this both as an ever-expanding company, and as a place that nurtures talent and expands the skillsets of its employees.
6) Mission: Our 400+ employees work in tandem with a singular purpose: delivering healthier outcomes, for patients, for commissioners, and for the NHS.
7) Pizza people! It's hungry work out on the frontlines of NHS care! On the last Friday of each month we treat ourselves and relive the hectic month that's been!