Community Psychiatric Nurse
Salary: £30,401 – £37, 267 (Depending on experience)
- Are you an experienced and compassionate CPN looking for a new challenge?
- Are you patient-focused and used to working with patients with mental health issues?
- Are you seeking the support of a great team at your practice to help deliver a professional service?
If you are thinking yes, then we would love to hear from you!
DMC Healthcare are a trusted provider of services to the NHS. The services include Primary Care, MSK, dermatology, endoscopy and radiology reporting across the UK. Our skilled and compassionate staff have helped us develop a brilliant reputation among clinicians, patients, commissioners and communities alike.
Dr Ravi Gupta, Group Medical Director, was one of the first GPs to employ CPNs into General Practice. The transformation in the quality of care was immediate and we continue to serve our patients with a multi-disciplinary team, to include CPNs.
DMC Healthcare continue to see steady growth in the services we provide and we now have an opportunity for a CPN to join the team at Albion Place Medical Practice in Maidstone, Kent. This role will be full-time for 5 days a week.
- To review patients with Mental Health issues on a regular basis at the clinics
- Provide extensive psychiatric nursing intervention and psychological care and advice
- Provide specific high quality and comprehensive psychiatric nursing interventions to allocated service users and their relatives/careers
- Maintain high standards of care, working with service users to ensure their individuality and dignity is maintained at all times, while promoting independence
- Ensure that each patient receives an individual assessment and regularly updated care plan which is formulated with the service user
- Maintain accurate notes and records using the EMIS system
- To regularly review prescribing with individual mental health service users in line with NICE guidelines supported by primary care pharmacists and the clinical team
- To conduct individual medication reviews by telephone, in consultations and to participate in clinical audits to promote best practice
- To develop registers of patients with severe mental illness, dementia, depression and learning disabilities and offer annual reviews addressing QOF targets
- To look at their prescribing and review their PHQ9 forms
- To maintain and promote the redesign of the service so that patients can be reviewed by CPN safely rather than by a GP and have a review on a yearly basis with GP if required
- Ensure that the requirements of the Mental Health Act 1983 and Mental Capacity Act 2006 are met and that service user’s rights under the Acts are upheld
- Liaise with the Community Mental Health Team developing fast routes of access and improving communication between primary and secondary care
- Provide statistical information as required – part of the formation of Registers
- Undertake audits to support service improvements
- You will have previous experience as a CPN
- You will have good communication skills
- You will be empathetic to patients
- You will be an independent team player passionate about delivering the highest levels of patient care
DMC Healthcare are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care. The Community Psychiatric Nurse post is based at our Albion Place Medical Practice in Maidstone, Kent (ME14).
As part of the benefits package you will be entitled to 25 days annual leave with additional leave entitlement with duration of DMC employment, plus the standard 8 Bank Holidays. If you would like an informal chat about the role, please contact us at 01223 828366.
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as possible
Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred Third party recruitment system. By applying for this post you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.