Salary:£18,525 per annum
DMC are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
We are looking for two Clinical Administrators to provide full administrative support to the team. To provide remote support to the dermatology administration team for all Dermatology Contracts. To complete administrative tasks such as clinical letters, assigning and completing tasks, chasing and uploading results, and working collaboratively with Dermatology administration.
The position requires 37.5 hours per week and is based at home.
Key duties include:
- Check that all test results are received into the service within 8 weeks and that they are processed in accordance with company policy, while monitoring incoming electronic test results to ensure prompt review by clinicians.
- As a priority, complete all dermatology contract clinic letters on time.
- Carry out tasks delegated by team leaders while also escalating any issues relating to administration tasks delegated to you to your supervisor.
- Secretarial assistance as needed for all clinicians and HCAs on the front lines, delivering services based on what is in front of them.
- Apply and follow the policies and procedures established for the service, as well as the standards and guidelines.
- Any complaints, significant events, breaches, risks, or quality issues that occur must be reported to the team Leader and recorded on DATIX. You must take the initiative to make the necessary improvements.
- Participate in Clinical and Administrative Audits as required.
- To act as a role model for employees and volunteers, participating in personal development initiatives as appropriate.
- Undertake training of any clinical system used such as (but not limited to) eRS, ART, TPP, EMIS, ICE and CYBERLAB
- To chase results as and when required, escalation if needed to the Service Manager.
- To participate in ongoing one to one meeting with line manager to review development and performance.
- Excellent IT skills with experience in using all Microsoft Office packages
- Methodical approach and good organisational skills
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- To be flexible and reliable
- Adaptable and a willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent administration experience in a similar type role
- High level of confidentiality
- Proven experience in a healthcare setting
Responsible & Accountable: Service Manager, Community Services Sites
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications have been received. If interested, please apply for this post as soon as possible. Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred Third party recruitment system. By applying for this post you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the