- Are you confident on the phone with good administration skills?
- Do you have experience booking appointments and handling patient queries?
- Do you have excellent customer service skills and an excellent telephone manner?
- Can you work 5 days per week including Saturday and Sunday?
If you feel that this is the next role for you, keep reading for further information about this exciting and important role at DMC.
We are seeking a Call Centre Administrator whose primary responsibility will be to provide patient and client services (mainly on the phone) and administrative support to the Community Services clinical and management team.
The role is Permanent, working 5 days a week, Flexible Monday – Sunday 08.00-18.30.
This is based at Iwade Health Centre, 1 Monins Rd, Iwade, Sittingbourne ME9 8TY
We are looking to recruit 4 members of staff
- One who would work, 37.5 hours per week
- One who would work, 37.5 hours per week
- One who would work, 30 hours per week
- One who would work, 20 hours per week
As Call Centre administrator you will be first point of call for patients and provide patients and clients who contact the service with excellent customer service, ensuring that all telephone callers are greeted promptly, professionally and politely. You will handle appointment booking and patient/client enquiries courteously and efficiently and with an awareness of the needs of the patient.
- You will process referrals into the services and onward referral to other health care professionals according to service protocols
- Maintain patient records on the clinical system as required
- Liaise with clinical, administrative and other staff
- Deal with internal and external post, ensuring all post is despatched on a daily basis
- Send discharge summaries to GP practices in a timely fashion and according to service protocols
- Handle queries from external agencies and other health care professionals
- Make/cancel/rearrange appointments via the clinical system
- Ensure up to date patient information is recorded
- Give test results where appropriate.
- Set up clinic schedules and organising clinics (booking clinicians, support staff, premises/rooms).
- Maintaining rotas for clinical staff
- Check and order of stock adhering to purchase management protocols
- Administer workflow of external documents for analysis and reporting.
- Monitor incoming electronic test results to ensure prompt review by clinicians
- Data entry of new and temporary registrations and relevant patient information
- Scan all patient information in computerised record i.e. medical documents, hospital reports and letters as necessary
- Retrieve paper notes from storage unit as requested
- Photocopy documents as required
- Read coding medical data into clinical system
- Maintain the appointment system and set up templates
- To provide and maintain information required for Key Performance Indicators
- Take part in service performance related to quality
- Monitor and improve process flow where possible
- We expect you will have a minimum of one years-experience in a similar role in customer service or in a call centre environment
- You will have Maths and English GCSE grade C or grade 4 and above
- Ability to organise, plan and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications and customer service skills, and the confidence to communicate to patient in a compassionate way
- Good administrating skills and good attention to detail
- Good skills in Microsoft 365 packages, and you must be comfortable in embracing new technology
DMC Healthcare are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as possible
Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred Third-party recruitment system. By applying for this post, you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.