Business Support Assistant
We are looking for someone to assist in the daily operations of our Head Office team. This role will be the face of the organisation as the first point of contact for many queries and as such the ideal candidate will be from an experienced administrative support or customer service background, to ensure that DMC Healthcare continues to meet national regulator standards.
The role is a Maternity Cover for 10 months, you would be required to work 37.5 hours per week.
Main duties of the job
The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously for most of the time but be able to seek advice when necessary. To be able to communicate and exchange complex, sensitive and confidential information across the organisation both internally and externally, using tact, persuasive skills and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide customer service as first point of contact all emails and phone calls. Also responsible for the management of head office organisation wide email accounts
- Organising meetings; sending agendas, preparing meeting room/virtual and materials, taking minutes, documenting, and sharing minutes, meeting tracker
- Responsible for minute-taking of various meetings according to the meetings schedule on a rota basis
- Organising managers calendars
- Prepare spreadsheets as directed, analysing data, and presenting findings and recommendations
- Creating presentations, documents & files as assigned/requested and performing market research
- Proofreading any documentation as requested, language, grammar, style, etc.
- Monitoring and assisting with ad hoc projects/documentation preparation/collation
- Have a minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
- Familiarity with current technologies, like desktop sharing and cloud services
- Experience with word-processing software and spreadsheets (e.g. MS Office). Good working knowledge of MS SharePoint.
- Knowledge of calendars and scheduling (e.g. Outlook Calendar)
- Excellent time management skills & solid organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills have a likeable, positive attitude while maintaining professionalism at all times is essential, along with the flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, analytical mind & Ability to work as part of a team
- Being confidential is key. Request from senior individuals may contain sensitive personnel or contractual information that required your support.
DMC Healthcare is the largest independent community-based provider of consultant-led dermatology in the UK and a leading provider of primary care, radiology reporting, as well as endoscopy and community services to the NHS. We are firmly rooted in the NHS, having been the partner of choice for 50 years and currently work with 30+ NHS organisations and other partners, treating over 100,000 patients each year across 19 CCGs.
For more details, please review the attached Job Description.
If you are interested in our vacancy, then we would love to hear from you. In return, you will enjoy a challenging and diverse career with DMC.
For an informal discussion regarding the role please contact the recruitment team on the details shared.
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as possible
Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred Third-party recruitment system. By applying for this post, you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Employer Name: DMC Healthcare
60 Chadwick Road
Employer’s website: https://www.dmchealthcare.co.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)