DMC Healthcare are looking to recruit an experienced, charismatic, and approachable Assistant Practice Manager at our GP Surgery based in Southwark, South East London. The successful candidate will have previous GP Practice experience, be friendly, proactive and excellent at managing change.
Our practice is modern, bright and welcoming with on-site staff parking, meeting rooms, air-conditioned offices and staff kitchen/dining area.
The Assistant Practice Manager will assist the Practice Manager in the effective and efficient management of the practice, taking particular responsibility for IT, practice administration, premises and some aspects of HR.
The role is permanent, working 37.5 hours per week.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Deputising for the Practice Manager
- Premises management & maintenance
- Ensuring that effective policies and procedures are in place and updated
- Ensuring the effective running of the practice’s IT network, investigating and resolving problems as required
- Ensuring compliance with data security and protection
- Providing IT training and procedures.
- Assisting in the recruitment, support & management of staff
- Supporting and covering the staff responsible for maintaining financial records, paying invoices and salaries.
- Assisting the efficient and accurate management of the practice finances
- The candidate will have a good standard of education, able to work autonomously as well as within a team, along with flexibility, assertiveness and empathy.
DMC Healthcare Group is a provider of Primary Care Services operating GP surgeries, walk-in centres and mobile medical units. We offer patients a full range of NHS primary and urgent care services. At DMC we believe in working together to deliver healthier outcomes for our patients and our own teams and strive to continuously ensure our patients are safe, cared for and receive the care they need when they need it.
If you are interested in our vacancy then we would love to hear from you. In return, you will enjoy a challenging and diverse career with DMC.
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as possible
Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred Third-party recruitment system. By applying for this post, you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.