Permanent, full time
Salary: £9.02 per hour
- Do you have administration experience in the healthcare sector?
- Have you had experience handling patient records and summarising notes?
- Are you professional with excellent customer service skills?
If the answers are yes then we would love to hear from you!
DMC Healthcare is a leading provider of Primary Care Services operating GP surgeries, walk-in centres and mobile medical units across London and the South East. At DMC we believe in working together to deliver healthier outcomes for our patients and our own teams. We are now looking for a Service Administrator to join our busy team in Iwade.
As Service Administrator, you will provide patient services and administrative support to the Community Services clinical and management team. You will demonstrate the ability to multi-task, good time keeping, organisation, efficiency, professionalism and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team whilst supporting the delivery of practice policies and procedures. This position is based at the Iwade Health Care Centre in Sittingbourne, Kent. This role will be 37.5 hours over 7 days a week, so will include weekend working on a rota basis.
- To provide patients and clients who contact the service with excellent customer service, ensuring that all telephone callers are greeted promptly, professionally and politely
- To handle appointment booking and patient/client enquiries courteously and efficiently and with an awareness of the needs of the patient
- To process referrals into the services and onward referral to other health care professionals according to service protocols
- To maintain patient records on the clinical system as required
- To liaise with clinical, administrative and other staff.
- To deal with internal and external post, ensuring all post is despatched on a daily basis
- Sending discharge summaries to GP practices in a timely fashion and according to service protocols
- To handle queries from external agencies and other health care professionals
- Make/cancel/rearrange appointments via the clinical system
- Ensure up to date patient information is recorded
- Give test results where appropriate and Monitor incoming electronic test results to ensure prompt review by clinicians
- Setting up clinic schedules and organising clinics (booking clinicians, support staff, premises/rooms)
- Maintaining rotas for clinical staff
- To administer workflow of external documents for analysis and reporting
- To participate in induction programmes for new members of the Community Services team
- To assist the Admin Lead and Community Services Manager as required
- Scan all patient information in computerised record i.e. medical documents, hospital reports and letters as necessary
- Read coding medical data into clinical system
- Set up and run clinical searches
- To respect patient confidentiality, working within NHS protocols and legislative requirements
- Monitor and improve process flow where possible
- To provide and maintain information required for Key Performance Indicators
- Take part in service performance related to quality
- Interrogate data for audit purposes
DMC Healthcare are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care. The Administrator post is based at our Iwade Health Care Centre, Sittingbourne.
This role is for 37.5 hours per week and these can be arranged to suit the candidate. If you are interested in applying for this role, please do so by clicking 'Apply Here' on this page and submitting your CV. If you would like an informal chat about the role, please contact us at 01223 828366.
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as possible
Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred Third party recruitment system. By applying for this post you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.