DMC are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
DMC Healthcare continue to see steady growth in the services we provide and we are looking for a Prescribing Clerk to join our busy team at DMC Iwade Health Centre, 1 Monins Road, Iwade, ME9 8TY.
The role is permanent, Part time – working 24 hours per week.
You will assist be the first contact for medication-related queries, ensures patients are receiving high-quality care regarding medication ordering and works closely with the rest of the reception team to support the efficient operating of the practice.
The prescribing clerk will provide direct support to all practice staff in the receipt and preparation of repeat prescriptions. They will also have daily contact with patients, carers, care homes, community pharmacies and other healthcare professionals.
Key duties include:
- Manage incoming medication requests e.g. from patients, pharmacies, care homes, etc.
- Process prescription requests within the practice timeframe
- Allocate medication reviews to the appropriate healthcare professional when repeat medication has expired
- Deal with prescription queries from patients, pharmacies and other healthcare professionals either in person, online or on the telephone
- Support the role of the Clinical Pharmacy Technician at practice and PCN level on the delivery of Clinical Pharmacy in General Practice
- Promotion of Electronic Prescription Service, Online Ordering and Electronic Repeat Dispensing
- Liaise with pharmacies on the supply of prescribed drugs, alert clinicians of any supply issues and forward information on the recommended alternative
To be successful in this role you will:
- Communicate effectively with patients, carers and healthcare professionals
- Respond appropriately to queries
- Record data accurately with attention to detail
- Comply and familiarise yourself with the Practice’s policies and procedures
- Provide relevant information to patients, family/visitors/carers and colleagues
- Excellent organisation communication and prioritising skills
- Able to prioritise and work accurately under pressure with good attention to detail
DMC Healthcare are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as possible
Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred Third-party recruitment system. By applying for this post, you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.