DMC Healthcare are looking to recruit an experienced, charismatic and approachable Practice Manager to lead our GP Surgery based in South East London – SE15. The successful candidate will have previous GP Practice experience, be friendly, proactive and excellent at managing change.
Whilst responsible for the practice you will form part of a wider team of practice managers based in Kent and London with full support from a primary care manager and head office team.
Our practice is modern, bright and welcoming with on-site staff parking, meeting rooms, air-conditioned offices and staff kitchen/dining area.
The role will provide management for the practice through:
- Strategic management
- Operational management
- Project management
- Business development
- Financial planning and management
- Management of service delivery
- Contract delivery and performance
- HR management
The role is supported by a Primary Care manager, strong governance and admin and clinical team
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic and Operational Management
- Adopt a strategic approach to the development and management of patient services.
- Collaborate with other Practice Managers to plan and develop the Practices Development Strategy
- Ensure that the practice is safe and operates within CQC essential standards
- Ensure that managed Practices routinely meet quality indicators and targets (including) the Quality and Outcomes Framework, Key Performance Indicators, Prescribing Incentive Scheme and other quality monitoring measures).
- Ensure (high level) data submissions and returns are made on a timely basis and within external deadlines.
- Develop and maintain effective communication within the Practice, organisation and with relevant outside agencies.
- Keep abreast of key targets promoted by relevant commissioners.
- Attend CCG, Federation and other relevant external meetings.
- Engage with local commissioning groups to secure additional services for the practices.
- Follow NHS strategies and ensure that the services respond to any changes or innovations as necessary.
- Manage the procurement of practice equipment, supplies and services within agreed budgets
- Ensure that the whole team participate in audit (clinical and non-clinical), other quality review measures and Significant Event Reviews
Staff Management and Human Resources (HR)
- Lead and support the development of all team members ensuring that all staff are appraised and developed in-line with the appraisal approach, liaising with Clinical Leads as required
- To have regular 1 to 1 meeting with the team, and focus on delivery
Managing access to Services and Developing Patients Services
- Monitoring appointment availability both in advance and on a daily basis and ensuring appropriate action is taken, for example locum cover booked.
- Planning well ahead for absences such as annual leave.
- Regularly reviewing access arrangements, for example demand surveys, access audits and recommending changes.
- Ensuring adequate levels of all types of staffing.
- Monitoring and developing patient services.
- Leading the practice’s strategic and operational planning processes including setting objectives and monitoring progress.
- Anticipating and planning for change and development.
- Assessing risks associated with change.
- Maintaining the practice’s vision.
- Presenting recommendations for developments to the partnership including writing business and development plans as required.
- The Practice Manager will support the practice in ensuring that patient care is delivered to the best possible quality. This will include:
- Ensuring that the practice complies with current clinical governance recommendations.
- Keeping up to date with quality developments and current best management practice.
- Enabling others to understand their contribution to quality and working to quality standards.
The Practice Manager will ensure that potential risks to the practices and its work, including those concerning health and safety of individuals, are identified, addressed and minimised in line with relevant legislation and best practice.
- To manage the budget of the Practice and seek to resources as effectively as possible
- To understand and report on the financial implications of contract and legislation changes
- The Practice Manager will ensure that the practice’s physical and financial resources are managed and maintained for maximum effectiveness including maximising the practice’s financial resources.
DMC Healthcare Group is a provider of Primary Care Services operating GP surgeries, walk-in centres and mobile medical units. We offer patients a full range of NHS primary and urgent care services. At DMC we believe in working together to deliver healthier outcomes for our patients and our own teams and strive to continuously ensure our patients are safe, cared for and receive the care they need when they need it.
If you are interested in our vacancy then we would love to hear from you. In return, you will enjoy a challenging and diverse career with DMC
For an informal discussion regarding the role please contact Anil Gupta – head of primary care on 07956 553366 or alternatively please contact Sue Wanstall – Primary care manager via email at email@example.com.
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.