- Do you have administration experience in the healthcare sector?
- Have you had experience handling patient records and summarising notes
- Are you an accurate and experienced administrator? If yes, then we would love to hear from you!
DMC are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care. We are looking for an administrator to join our busy team and practice
You will assist in the day to day running of the organisation by providing administrative support to the team. Tasks would include all general office administrative work, assisting the Practice Manager in administrative work.
This role is 2o hours a week and you will be willing to be flexible with you hours of work. The role is based at DMC Albion Place Medical Practice, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 5DY.
The working days are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The hours are 8:00 – 13:00 (2 days a week) and 13:30 – 18:30 (2 days a week). Please make sure you are available for these hours before applying for the role.
As the administrator you will demonstrate the ability to multi-task, good time keeping, organisation, efficiency, professionalism and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team whilst supporting the delivery of practice policies and procedures.
Key duties include:
- Update clinical documents and summarise as per the practice policy and procedures
- Log arrival of notes on the practice clinical computer system (EMIS)
- Ensure that new patient records received in the practice are tagged according to practice protocol ready for summarising
- Reviewing medical records and producing an accurate summary of the patient’s medical history
- Summarisation of patient’s notes on to the electronic clinical system
- File all the unfilled electronic medical records on GP2GP including medical authorisation
- To ensure that all paperwork extracted from the notes is shredded or is placed in the confidential bags provided in the surgery
- Dealing sensitively with all enquires/information & any general enquiry that may arise from time to time
- The post holder should also be prepared to take part in training/educational workshops as and where required
- Read coding the information into the practice clinical system, being aware of QOF requirements
- Monitoring progress of notes summarising against practice targets
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
To be successful in this role you will:
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
- Communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with the multidisciplinary Team, all other staff and patients
- Respond appropriately to queries, take phone messages and pass on written and verbal information to patients
- Provide relevant information to patients, family/visitors/carers and colleagues
- Complete documentation accurately and contribute to reports of patients’ activity and progress
DMC Healthcare are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
This role is for 20 hours per week, hours as above, based at DMC Albion Place Medical Practice, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 5DY.
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as possible
Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred Third party recruitment system. By applying for this post you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.