- Are you a qualified Pharmacy Technician looking to further your career and professional development, whilst improving the healthcare outcomes of our patient population?
- Are you a qualified Pharmacy Technician looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity?
- Are you looking for a flexible role which supports a healthy work life balance?
- Are you looking to work in innovative ways to enable you to focus on providing exceptional patient care?
- Are you seeking the support of a great team at your practice and a well-structured senior management team to help deliver a professional service?
We are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
DMC Healthcare continue to see steady growth in the services we provide and we have opportunities for a salaried Pharmacy Technician to join our Primary Care team in South East London across our both sides
- Chadwick Road, SE15 4PU
- Crystal Palace Road, SE22 9EP
We are looking for candidates with excellent clinical and communication skills to join our growing team and support in the delivery of a high-quality service, with a patient focussed approach. In addition, we have established central support structures in matters such as administrative support, central reporting, submissions, finance etc. Thus ensuring that the clinical teams in our surgeries, walk-in centres and mobile medical units can focus on providing excellent standards of patient care.
DMC Healthcare also has an excellent employee assistance program, providing guidance and support for all potential concerns such as financial support, mental health support, relationship advice and much more. This service is free to access for all employees and is an entirely confidential service.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take a proactive approach to the safe handling of prescriptions, including assessment of risk and making recommendations for improvement
- Ensuring the delivery of safe, effective and efficient systems for repeat prescribing and medicines optimisation
- Reduce medicines waste and maximise patient outcomes
- Respond to medication queries from patients and staff in a professional manner referring to the appropriate clinician in accordance with practice protocols
- Provide advice to colleagues and patients for changes to prescribing, in order to support the improvement of prescribing safety, quality and cost effectiveness
- Assist in the appropriate monitoring and management of prescribing the budgets and to liaise with the medicines management team when required
- Take the lead on all aspects of medicines management underpinning processes, including searches and audits for medicines including high risk drug’s and monitoring frequency, monitoring practice prescribing and adherence to practice, local and national guidance for medicines management
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues to resolve medicine related queries, working as part of the multidisciplinary team
- Present weekly dashboard reports to the Head of Nursing and other senior management and provide assurance that processes and requirements underpinning medicines management Is safe, effective and in line with best practice guidance
- Be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPHC) & qualified to NVQ3 level or equivalent in pharmaceutical sciences
- Provide satisfactory references for the preceding three-year period
- Previous experience of dealing with patients in a primary care environment is desirable but not essential.
- Good I.T. skills to perform appropriate I.T. administration tasks necessary to the post, including: Patient database systems, audit processes and clinical administration
- Good communication skills and the ability to demonstrate sensitive communication styles to ensure patients are fully informed and consent to treatment is obtained
- The ability to prioritise own and other's workload and ensure effective time-management strategies are embedded within the culture of the team
- Ability to work to agreed timescales and deadlines for the benefit of the patients
If you are passionate about contributing to DMC’s service development across our 2 practice centres’ in South East London and more widely across the organisation, our open culture will enable you to be involved in the decisions that affect our care delivery. We will support you in your ongoing personal development and if you are interested in developing a special clinical interest, we welcome open conversations to support this.
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as possible.
Your submitted application may be imported into our preferred Third-party recruitment system. By applying for this post, you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.