Paramedic – Sheppey, Kent
Salary – £26,171 – £43,772 per annum
- Are you an experienced paramedic looking for a new opportunity?
- Do you thrive on delivering high quality patient care?
- Can you diagnose and administer medication whilst working within defined procedures and protocols as laid down by the GPs?
If you are thinking yes, then DMC Heathcare would love to hear from you. DMC Healthcare has been a trusted provider of services to the NHS for over 50 years.
We are looking for a paramedic to join our team on a full time bases based in Sheppey Community Hospital, Kent, ME12 3LT.
In the role you will provide a high-quality, cost-effective service to the patients of the Practice; diagnosing and administering medication where appropriate whilst working within defined procedures and protocols as laid down by the GPs.
DMC Healthcare Group is a leading provider of Primary Care Services operating GP surgeries, walk-in centres and mobile medical units across London and the South East. We offer patients a full range of NHS primary and urgent care services, including extended opening hours and support. At DMC we believe in working together to deliver healthier outcomes for our patients and our own teams.
This is a diverse role where you will be working as part of a clinical team which includes GP’s, Primary Care Pharmacists, Community Psychiatric Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Practice Nurses and Healthcare Assistants. You will have excellent communication skills and this will be key to your success in the role.
You will be responsible for face to face and telephone consultations with patients presenting with a wide range of illnesses. Treatment provided will be both in the surgery and in patients own homes. You will be providing care for the presenting patient from initial history taking, clinical assessment, diagnosis, evaluation of care and treatment where appropriate.
In the role you will
- Demonstrate safe, clinical decision-making and expert care, including assessment and diagnostic skills
- Prioritise and triage the needs of patients accordingly making any necessary referrals for investigations in the appropriate manner. Patients with problems needing referral to secondary care should be discussed with a GP before making such referral
- Seeing patients face to face as well as visit patients in their homes to assess their medical condition, at the request of duty GP
- You will act as an autonomous clinician with the full support of our duty clinical team
- Clinically examine and assess patient needs from a physiological and psychological perspective, and plan clinical care accordingly
- Take a comprehensive patient history, carry out physical examinations and use expert knowledge and clinical judgment to identify the potential diagnosis
- Refer patients for investigations and/or the appropriate specialist care where appropriate
- Independently decide on and carry out treatment
- Use your experience to plan and provide skilled and competent care to meet patients’ health and social care needs, involving other members of the wider health care team as appropriate
- Ensure the provision of continuity of care including follow-up consultations and visits
- Assess and evaluate, with patients, the effectiveness of the treatment and care provided and make changes as need
The role will also incorporate elements of
- Personnel administration
- Delivery and quality of service
- Training and personal development
- You will have previous experience in a similar paramedic role
- We would also expect candidates to be willing to take on chronic disease management training to be able to care patients with long-term and often complex medical conditions.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Be motivated by delivering exceptional patient
- A willingness to work with others and respect their views
If this position sounds of interest then we would love to hear from you!
DMC Healthcare has been a trusted provider of services to the NHS for over 50 years.
If you are interested in this position then we would love to hear from you. In return, you will enjoy a challenging and diverse career with DMC. We offer good market pay-scales, travel benefits, Pension, training and support. We offer healthcare and wellbeing benefits, growth and development opportunities and other additional perks.
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as possible
Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred Third party recruitment system. By applying for this post you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.