- Are you a Junior Pharmacist, experienced in Primary Care?
- Do you have a good knowledge of QOF, QIPPP?
- Do you have excellent IT skills and communication skills?
If you are thinking yes, then DMC Healthcare would love to hear from
you. DMC Healthcare has been a trusted provider of services to the NHS
for over 50 years.
As Junior Pharmacist you will be working within a multi-disciplinary
team under the supervision of a GP Clinical Lead and Senior Primary Care
Pharmacists who will be responsible for your personal development
within this role. This role is pivotal in improving the quality of care
and operational efficiencies of a large, modern, GP training practice,
and requires a passion to deliver excellent service.
The position is part-time 20 hours per week based at our DMC Church View Practice in Rainham, Kent, ME8 8AA.
DMC Healthcare Group is a leading provider of Primary Care Services
operating GP surgeries, walk-in centres and mobile medical units across
London and the South East. We offer patients a full range of NHS primary
and urgent care services, including extended opening hours and support.
At DMC we believe in working together to deliver healthier outcomes for our patients and our own teams.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent IT skills and
communication skills. You will maintain a good knowledge of QOF, QIPPP
and other developments in relation to Primary Medical Services Contract.
The role – Clinical Services
- To agree a Medication Review policy with practices for
implementation of changes to prescribed drugs that can be made by the
pharmacist for individual patients
- To identify target patient groups in order to perform patient medication reviews
- To provide pharmaceutical medication review and health education
advice to patients at GP surgeries through home visits, by telephone or
by notes-based review as agreed with the practice
- To provide pharmaceutical input to chronic disease management clinics as appropriate
- To follow up other prescribing issues identified through medication
reviews and facilitate implementation of changes by GPs and appropriate
- To monitor the effects of medications by checking clinical signs and
symptoms, including blood pressure and pulse monitoring and spirometry,
following appropriate training
- To contribute to public health campaigns, including flu
vaccinations, and childhood immunisations programmes, adult immunisation
The role – Medicines Management
- Ensure practices have a repeat prescribing policy and system in
place and monitor that system to achieve a high level of efficiency, in
order to promote repeat dispensing by Community Pharmacists and
Electronic Prescription Services
- Ensure all repeat medications are synchronised on the clinical system (EMIS Web, SystmOne)
- Implement and monitor adherence to repeat prescribing policy
ensuring repeat medication reviews are conducted at appropriate
The role – Community Pharmacists
- To develop a working relationship with Community Pharmacists and to
help facilitate the successful implementation of CCG commissioned
- To facilitate good working relationships between the practice and local community pharmacists
- You will have previous experience in a similar pharmacist role
- You will be experienced in working in a Primary Care setting
- You will be looking for an opportunity for self-development and improvement
- Good communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Be motivated by delivering exceptional patient
- A willingness to work with others and respect their views
If you are interested in this position then we would love to hear from you.
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in
employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair
discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender
reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race,
religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act
(Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a
submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring
Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications
have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as
Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred
Third-party recruitment system. By applying for this post, you are
agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this
application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are
offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC
Electronic Staff Records system.