Healthcare Assistant – Contract Work – Dudley
- Are you patient focused with good customer service experience?
- Could you assist the Clinician in the day-to-day operation of Endoscopy clinics?
- Would you be happy to assist the clinician with minor surgical procedures?
If you feel that this exciting and important opportunity could be the next role for you then please do get in touch.
DMC are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across
England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a
single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to
giving patients the very best in care.
DMC Healthcare continue to see steady growth in the services we
provide, and we have an opportunity for an experienced Health Care
Assistant to join our team across the Dudleyarea.
Hours of work: 08:00 – 18:00 per day.
Rate of pay £220 per day.
As the Health Care Assistant, your role will be to assist the Clinician in the day-to-day operation of community outpatient clinics. You will organise the setup of each clinic ensuring everything is prepared prior to the clinic date, manage, record and process patient’s personal data.
There are several aspects to the role which will include:
- Organisation, Administration & Setting Up of clinics
- Ensure the PC/laptop is set up and ready for use including for Clinician
- Ensure all clinical stock needed is in place prior to the clinic date
- Manage stock control at each area and escalate any faults and issues
- Collect patient surveys and consent forms
- Create and distribute PDF clinic letters to patients and GP practices in line guideline
- Ensure the room is adequately equipped for each consultation prior to the clinic starting as per DMC standards
- Ensure equipment is working and ready to be used at the clinic
- Clean equipment after use as required
- Adhere to clinical standards at all times
Assisting in Clinics
- To assist the Clinician during the clinic with any reasonable request
- To meet and greet patients in the waiting area and show them through to the consultation room
- Develop a rapport with the patients and provide a high level of ‘customer’ service
- Develop a rapport with Clinicians
- Assist with minor surgical procedures as required
- Ensure minimal waste of consumables
- At the end of each clinic ensure all DMC equipment is adequately cleaned and put away in the correct location
- Ensure the room is left clean and tidy once the clinic has finished
- You will have previous experience as a HCA
- You will have good customer service and communication skills
- You will be empathetic to patients
- You will be an independent team player passionate about delivering the highest levels of patient care
If you are passionate about contributing to how the DMC services
develop at our site, and more widely across the business, our open
culture will enable you to get involved in the decisions that affect our
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in
employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair
discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender
reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race,
religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act
(Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a
submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring
Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications
have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as
Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred
Third-party recruitment system. By applying for this post, you are
agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this
application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are
offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC
Electronic Staff Records system.