- Are you an experienced and compassionate Head Nursing looking for a new challenge?
- Are you committed, enthusiastic, self-motivated and driven individual to lead agenda relating to nursing, quality and patient safety?
- Are you willing to lead in designing strategy to improve and sustain patient safety, quality and clinical governance?
We are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
DMC Healthcare continue to see steady growth in the services we provide and we have opportunities for a Head of Nursing based at our Head Office.
You will work closely with Chief Executive to ensure standards and quality of care are maintained and improved. The Head of Nursing must be visible and credible across all services. The post holder is required to confidently lead on all aspects of quality and clinical governance.
You will provide strategic guidance and vision for our nursing & ACP workforce, a key clinical leader ensuring the highest standards of non-medical clinical practice and clinical care is delivered to patients and transforms patient experience across the services.
You will lead the strategy designed to improve & sustain patient safety, quality and clinical governance whilst supporting the operational improvements. You will hold Board-level responsibility for safeguarding children and adults and for infection prevention & control. You will be an inspirational leader with vision & adaptability, excellent communication & influencing skills and have extensive knowledge of NHS processes that support patient safety, demonstrable experience of working successfully at Board level within Primary Care setting
The role you will be doing
- Providing Clinical Leadership and guidance, also be the professional advisor to the board, Chief Executive & senior nursing leadership team
- Implement a clinical assessment structure to support the effective recruitment of nurses HCA’s, A&C, AHP
- Ensure a robust process is in pace to support appraisals for new contract wins
- Review the interview process for all staff groups (Nurses, HCA’s, A&C, AHP, Medical) to ensure it is current and in line with NHS employers standards
- Investigate all clinical incidents quickly & accurately following appropriate procedure where required
- Work closely with the clinical leads and managers to ensure that all services adhere to CQC standards and the practices meet quality indicators and targets (including the Quality and Outcomes Framework and contract monitoring measures), also steer delivery of CQC standards towards outstanding
- Deliver key reports in the remit to the Board Governance Committee and work with the Heath of Quality and Governance to deliver the organisation’s Annual Report and Annual Quality Report
- Responsibility as an autonomous practitioner for the care delivered, demonstrating critical thinking and skills in clinical decision-making.
- Work collaboratively with the whole general practice team to meet the needs of patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures, and providing leadership and direction for the nursing team.
- Work collaboratively with external partners, including safeguarding boards, commissioners and the local authority. Also provide expert input to the Safeguarding Governance Committee
- NHS experience is essential within the nursing sector
- Clinical leadership and an understanding of clinical governance
- Understanding of recruitment & compliance
- Experience of implementing innovations and managing change within clinical environments – multi site
- Substantial experience of multi professional working & operating effectively at a senior level within the organisation and working effectively with other stakeholders
- Experience of clinical audit and implementation of actions
- High degree of personal & professional autonomy & critical judgement
- Experience managing complex complaints using Datix control
- The post holder will be highly skilled at communicating orally and in writing at all levels
- Process excellent Leadership & Organizational qualities
- Ability to think laterally, prioritise effectively, analyse and solve complex problems
- Work to deadlines
If you are passionate about contributing to DMC’s development and more widely across the organisation, our open culture will enable you to be involved in the decisions that affect our care delivery.
Our approach to service delivery recognises the evolving and changing face of primary care provision in the UK, and we strive to look at the way we work to ensure that time with patients is maximised for our clinician’s. A robust support structure is in place at DMC Healthcare, ensuring that all staff have open access to support from the senior management team.
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Your submitted application may be imported into our preferred Third-party recruitment system. By applying for this post, you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.