- Are you a Registered as General Practitioner looking to join a proactive and forward-thinking clinical business?
- Are you looking for a hands-on role which will involve clinical management?
- Can you maintain high standards in CQC and CCG compliance and clinical governance?
DMC are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
DMC Healthcare continue to see steady growth in the services we provide, and we have an opportunity for a GP Lead to join the team based at our DMC Iwade Health Centre in Sittingbourne (ME9 8TY).
We require a zealous GP Leadto work within our Primary Care setting in Iwade. You will be a part of our established existing group of 6 GP Lead, ensuring we offer the very best of patient experience, assisting the practice to achieve set targets and maintain high standards in CQC and CCG compliance and clinical governance. The role will be hands on and will involve clinical management.
The GP Lead will adhere to DMC’s clear multidisciplinary workforce strategy, in line with the NHS long term plan and professional standards as set out by the General Medical Council, leading surgery’s professionally clinical team. The role will include both patient and nonpatient activities. You will lead on all areas of the practise and have a team where you can delegate responsibilities. You will be responsible for local clinical governance and will work closely with the Practice Manager to perform this role.
In the role you will cover
Governance and Risk Management
- Be responsible for local clinical governance
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and undertaking such activities in a way that manages those risks
- Reporting potential risks identified
- Promote a culture within the practice that promotes and encourages ongoing education
- Work firm to enable innovation and especially digital solutions e.g. DoctorLink digital triage
- To take clinical responsibility for registered patients and maintain appropriate records of treatment given
- Incoming letters and results as per the local protocol
- Check and sign repeat prescriptions
Achievement of Targets
- Assisting the Practice Manager in achieving set targets and KPI’s
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance
- Maintain appropriate levels and means of communication with other key stakeholders
Patient Contact Activities
- Face to face consultations, taking place either in the surgery or in the patient’s home
- Telephone consultations
- Electronic consultations
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Strategy – promote the development of the practice as part of the local health economy
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
- Promote national and local screening programmes to patients, and to be involved in the screening process wherever possible
The ideal candidate will:
- Essential previous GP Lead experience, and motivated to lead a mixed clinical workforce
- Registered as General Practitioner in the UK
We are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland.
We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single practice in Dulwich to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
If you would like an initial conversation please give me a call on 0175 6703 255, we would love to hear from you!
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as possible
Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred Third-party recruitment system. By applying for this post, you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.