- Are you a Registered as General Practitioner looking to join a proactive and forward-thinking clinical business?
- Are you looking for a hands-on rolewhich will involve clinical management?
- Can you maintain high standards in CQC and CCG compliance and clinical governance?
DMC are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
DMC Healthcare continue to see steady growth in the services we provide, and we have an opportunity for a GP Consultant to join the team across the Medway area of Kent.
We require an enthusiastic General Practice GP Consultant to work within our Primary Care setting across Kent. Ensuring we offer the very best of patient experience, assisting the practice to achieve set targets and maintain high standards in CQC and CCG compliance and clinical governance. The role will be hands on and will involve clinical management
The GP Consultat will adhere to the professional standards as set out by the General Medical Council and lead professionally the surgery clinical team.The role will include both patient and nonpatient activities.You will lead on all areas of the practise and have a team where you can delegate responsibilities.You will be responsible for local clinical governance and will work closely with the Practice Manager to perform this role
In the role you will cover
Governance and Risk Management
- Be responsible for local clinical governance
- Promote a culture within the practice that promotes and encourages ongoing education.
- Incoming letters and results as per the local protocol.
- Check and sign repeat prescriptions,
- Medical reports.
Achievement of Targets
- Assisting the Practice Manager in achievingset targets and KPI’s
Patient Contact Activities
- Face to face consultations, taking place either in the surgery or in the patient’s home
- Telephone consultations
- Electronic consultations
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Strategy – promote the development of the practice as part of the local health economy
- Promote national and local screening programmes to patients, and to be involved in the screening process wherever possible
The ideal candidate will:
Essential previous GP Consultant experience
Registered as General Practitioner in the UK
We are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland.
We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single practice in Dulwich to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as possible
Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred Third party recruitment system. By applying for this post you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.