Data Officer/Administrator – Remote working
Salary: £21,142 to £24,157 (Depending upon experience)
- Do you have experience working in the NHS and PTL and RTT pathways?
- Do you have excellent record keeping skills, high attention to detail and experience of managing high volumes of data?
- Are you passionate about providing outstanding patient care and support?
If yes, then we would love to hear from you!
DMC are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care. We are looking for an administrator to join our busy team and practice.
As the administrator the major job responsibility will be to carry out timely, accurate and relevant data validation to support the business and operational needs of the Community Services in conjunction with the Business Intelligence Team. This includes pathway validation, monitoring data quality, identifying patterns of non-compliance and assisting colleagues by highlighting areas of poor practice so the appropriate training and management support can be delivered.
The role is 37.5 hours per week
Key duties include:
- To coordinate the monitoring and undertake the validation of waiting time targets (RTT) across different service lines within Community services division
- Develop procedures to monitor individual patient’s progress through the pathway in order to ensure that local and national standards are achieved
- Ensure consistency across the service by implementing generic processes for dealing with potential breach of performance standards including methods for identifying and ensuring that necessary steps are taken
- Produce regular reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly and basis and contribute to larger reports for contract reporting
- Adhere to protocols and templates for the extraction and analysis of data, suggesting amendments as necessary.
- Manage, monitor and manipulate data capturing systems to ensure they support the data accuracy information
- To provide administrative support on specific projects and/or areas of work under the overall direction required of the Performance & Contract Reporting Lead
- Interrogate & collate data obtained from various sources, collating and producing reports as directed by the Performance & Contract Reporting Lead
- To carry out regular audits on the accuracy of data recorded in EMIS/SYSTMONE to ensure that all appropriate data has been recorded accurately in preparation for national submissions
- To diagnose the causes of data errors and develop guidance materials to address them.
- Inputting data on medical records of new patients and updating medical histories
- Booking, cancelling and rearranging appointments via the clinical system
- Ensuring patient information is recorded accurately and kept up-to-date
- Answering all incoming calls from patients and other healthcare professionals and ensuring that all callers are greeted professionally and politely
- Dealing with administrative queries and requests from patients
- Ensuring confidentiality at all times and complying with all relevant policies and procedures
To be successful in this role you will:
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
- Communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with the multidisciplinary Team, all other staff and patients
- Respond appropriately to queries, take phone messages and pass on written and verbal information to patients
- Provide relevant information to patients, family/visitors/carers and colleagues
- Complete documentation accurately and contribute to reports of patients’ activity and progress
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as possible
Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred Third party recruitment system. By applying for this post you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.