Message from Dr Ravi Gupta, Group Medical Director
Thank you for considering working at DMC Healthcare.
This is an exciting role, as you will have the opportunity to work in Southwark providing expert clinical leadership to our team. You will be supporting a talented, multidisciplinary group of clinicians, with wider input from managerial and administrative teams on site and DMC Head Office.
This is a unique role as you will be an integral part of the quality improvement and clinical supervision of the team and more widely across DMC surgeries. We have developed strong support networks across high-risk areas such as medicines management, clinical governance, safeguarding, and business intelligence, so that you can focus on offering your vision and leadership to improve health outcomes.
We are constantly working on service improvement and will welcome your views on how to improve our systems and processes. If you’re interested in this challenge, please get in touch with our recruitment team for an informal conversation with me.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Ravi Gupta – Group Medical Director
DMC are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Lead GP to join the team based at both our primary care sites in Southeast London, Southwark, on Chadwick Road (SE15 4PU) & Crystal Palace Road (SE22 9EP).
The Clinical Lead GP will adhere to DMC’s clear multidisciplinary workforce strategy, in line with the NHS long term plan and professional standards as set out by the General Medical Council, leading surgery’s professionally clinical team. The role will include both patient and nonpatient activities. You will lead on all areas of the practise and have a team where you can delegate responsibilities. You will be responsible for local clinical governance and will work closely with the Practice Manager to perform this role & assist the practice to achieve set targets and maintain high standards in CQC and CCG compliance and clinical governance.
In the role you will cover
Clinical Supervision. Up to 6 sessions per week
Undertake clinical supervision activities across both sites. This includes:
- Clinical audits.
- Monthly 1-1 meetings with members of the clinical team to (i) identify quality improvement opportunities (ii) review alignment with corporate objectives(iii) discuss team member’s wellbeing and support needs.
- Identification of improvement areas related to workflow, QOF and other targets.
- Attendance to DMC’s weekly Clinical leads meeting
- Involvement in supervision of action plans arising from CQC and mock inspections
Governance and Risk Management
- Accountability for local clinical governance
- Identifying the risks involved in work activities and developing action plans and improvement strategies to manage those risks
- Reporting potential risks, significant incidents and sharing learning
- Promote a culture within the practice that promotes and encourages ongoing education
- Work firm to enable innovation and especially digital solutions e.g. DoctorLink digital triage
- To take clinical responsibility for registered patients and maintain appropriate records of treatment given
- Incoming letters and results as per the local protocol with support from the admin team
- Check and sign repeat prescriptions with support of site pharmacist
Achievement of Targets
- Assisting the Practice Manager in achieving set targets and KPIs
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance
- Maintain appropriate levels and means of communication with other key stakeholders
Patient Contact Activities
- Face to face consultations, taking place either in the surgery or in the patient’s home
- Telephone consultations
- Electronic consultations
- Periodic attendance to Patient Participation Group meetings
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Strategy – promote the development of the practice as part of the local health economy
- Making effective use of training to update knowledge and skills
- Using appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining work areas in a tidy and safe way and free from hazards
- Promote national and local screening programmes to patients, and to be involved in the screening process wherever possible
The ideal candidate will:
- Essential previous GP Lead experience, and motivated to lead a mixed clinical workforce
- Registered as General Practitioner in the UK
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement
The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as possible
Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred Third-party recruitment system. By applying for this post, you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.